James Anthony Anderson was born March 17th 1930 and Knoxville Tennessee Ilena and Brown Anderson.
• Reverend Anderson accepted Christ at an early age. After becoming an ordained minister he founded "The Holy House of Worship C.O.G.I.C. and was the Minister of Music for the "Wings of Jordan ensemble".
• "The Professor" as he was lovingly known was a jack-of-all-trades.
• He was given many gifts of the Spirit and highly known for his Prophetic Prophecies!
• He was the Minister of Music for many churches, always training voices and harmony for God's praise. His voice could range from soprano, Alto, and tenor; which he taught to sing in all keys.
• His holy footwork was awesome, to see him dance would turn the church upside down!
• Reverend Anderson was so generous he would give you the shirt off his back, food off his plate, or shake your hand and give you money and walk off.
• He was the patriarch of the neighborhood and head our Anderson family.
• He had friends in all professions ranging from law enforcement to the entertainment industry.
• James leaves to cherish his memories: Thelma Anderson who preceded him in death.
• Two daughters: Ramona (James) Anderson-Lane and Cassandra (Calvin) Bradley of Memphis Tennessee.
• Two sons: Jonathan Anderson and Steven (Vergia) Anderson who preceded him in death.
• His Siblings Alive...... Elizabeth (Malcolm) Johnson, Alma (John) Jones, Barbara Anderson and Rean (Joseph) Harry. Note. Siblings that passed: Henry, Titus, Paul,Timothy, Ester, Bernice if you want to add. He was the second oldest.
• Honorable Mention: Priscilla Berry
• Special Cousin : Linda Issacs Heard.
2. Superintendent of Chicago Housing Authority in 1981 (Altgeld Gardens)
To plant a tree in memory of Rev. James A. Anderson, please visit our tribute store.